I’m super excited to have been nominated for a Liebster award by Shannon over at Ketchum Kitchen! Thanks Shannon! She runs a fantastic recipe blog and has THE most adorable puppy! Run over there and give her some love!!
If you’ve never heard of the Leibster Award, the rules for when you are nominated are simple: Answer the 11 questions provided to you by your nominator (and thank and link back to them of course!), then nominate 11 MORE bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers, and come up with 11 questions for them to answer!
Here are the 11 questions Shannon asked me:
- What is the inspiration for your blog?
I’ve always loved writing, photography, and web/graphic design, so it seemed like a perfect fit that I should have a blog!
- When did you start your blog?
I started my blog in September of 2015, however, when I experienced some health issues in November I had to take a hiatus from blogging for a couple months. I resumed in February of 2016, and couldn’t be happier to be back!
- What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I use my Canon Rebel T6i for photos, with an 18-50mm lens. I occasionally will use my iPhone 6 in a pinch as well!
- What would you tell someone who is thinking about starting a blog?
Just go for it! 😀
- What’s your favorite movie?
I’m partial to the Harry Potter movies (and books!) because I grew up on them. My favourite guilty pleasure movies are Bruce Almighty and Miss Congeniality. The Holiday is my favourite go-to Christmastime movie.
- What kind of blogs do you follow?
I follow all kinds of blogs, mainly lifestyle, beauty/fashion, DIY, food, interior design, and blogging resource blogs. The main thing though is that I seem to be drawn to blogs that capture the styles I like to write about myself.
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Too many to name! However, the day we brought our golden retriever Sandy home immediately jumps to mind, or training him to sit, shake, and lie down in the backyard. He passed away 2 years ago at age 12 but those memories still feel like yesterday to me!
- What’s your favorite food?
DEFINITELY Sushi! 🙂
- What do you hope to learn to do better in 2016?
I hope to learn to stick to my goals and quit procrastinating! That’s probably my biggest vice, particularly when it comes to blogging!
- Do you blog full-time or hope to one day?
As of right now I only blog part-time. I also work in a dog-grooming salon part-time, which I love, so I don’t plan on giving that up any time soon! I plan to keep growing my blog and if the time comes when I need to go full-time, I will take the leap!
- What kind of music do you like?
I like quite a few styles of music actually, I’m partial to folk, classical, and country (mostly old country, though) music. I am a theatre school grad and so naturally I know my way around many a show tune as well, but lately I seem to have gotten pretty tired of most of them.
Here are my 11 questions!
- Aside from blogging, what are some of your favourite hobbies?
- What is your favourite place in the world that you have been?
- What is the one place in the world that you would most like to visit (that you haven’t already)?
- Any pets? Tell me about them!
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What is something you’ve done or achieved with your blog so far that you are most proud of?
- What was the inspiration behind the name of your blog?
- If you won $1 million right now, what would you do with it?
- What food are you craving right now?
- What is one film that always, without fail, makes you cry?
- What is something you read recently that really inspired or motivated you? Give us the title or share a link to it!
And here are my lovely nominees. Be sure to check them all out!
- Caitlin @ Flannelgraphs
- Nadia @ Journey of a Dreamer
- Becca @ Escape to Vavau
- Veronica @ Lipstick and Raybans
- Kennedy @ Healthy Habits, Happy Heart
- Brandie @ Graphic Brewery
- Lana @ Simply Flawed
- Mecyll @ Bitchy Chicken
- Brianna @ The Sassy Direction
- Steven @ Where’s That Musical
- Rachel @ Sweet Simple Living
Congratulations to all! And I look forward to reading your answers!!